Shushilan; Upazila Coordinator Job Circular 2017
At least 10 years` experience on development sector and minimum 05 years working with project management under USAID funded projects as coordinator level. Strong understanding of public policy, government decision-making processes (especially at the sub-national level) and other civil society networks and coalitions. Demonstrated knowledge of successful project management, communication and training. Strong skills in facilitation of development processes, including organization, mobilization and influence of partners and networking among different development partners (especially at sub-district level).
Job Description / Responsibility
- Nobo Jatra’ (New Beginning) is a USAID funded Development Food Assistance Program which aim to improve gender equitable food security, nutrition and resilience of vulnerable people of Bangladesh. To achieve the program goal organization is seeking upazila coordinator for executing Social accountability, Gender and livelihood graduation component activities through sub contract/grantee agreement.
- The position is require to provide good support for quality monitoring and lead to manage all component activities to make sure the project goal and expectation are met. The Upazila coordinator will build and maintain a good partnership and collaboration with government, consortium partners and NGOs at the Upazila and district level and maintain a routine DME system of the project and help with other administrative tasks of the project.
- Upazila Coordinator (UC) will be the key person of the program at Upazila level and responsible for managing the Upazila implementation team and for the facilitation of planned activities. S/he will assist PM for preparing budget and taking lead to control all resources under his/her jurisdiction under the guidance of Program manager.
- Upazila Coordinator (UC) will shoulder the following key responsibilities:
- Coordinate achievement of programmatic objectives; planning, implementation and review of progress/DIPs, budget Utilization and ensure managers approval and endorsement of all plans
- Coordinate regular planning, accountability and follow up of key performance indicators and overall quality assurance matters
- Coordinate and follow up external engagement, collaborations and advocacy matters
- Coordinate resource acquisition matters as agreed upon with the manager.
- Coordinating Upazila field office managements & logistics
- Track progress and make necessary adjustments periodically.
- Ensure team approach for planning and implementation of the project.
- Necessary & effective coordination with GO, NGOs, Ups, Donors and relevant stakeholders
- Prepare qualitative periodical report & documents of the project.
- Update project financial implication and have necessary approval.
- Ensure budgetary control and provide justification of budget variance
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly work plan & reports to accomplish the targeted project activities.
- Provide necessary guidance to field staffs on social accountability, gender, livelihood graduation activities and associated tools & techniques.
- Share the update project information and receive necessary feedback/suggestion to implement the project effectively.
- Initiate appropriate disciplinary measures as and when necessary
- Area wise Specific Tasks are –
- Project Management:
- Assists in the preparation of proposals and project plans for all phases of systems planning, development and implementation
- Prepares business cases for selected projects
- Prepares, monitors, and analyzes the budget
- Maintains, develops and provides reports for projects and budget analysis
- Coordinates and communicates development activities with Programmer Analysts and end-users
- Tracks and monitors progress of issues through interpretation of policies, standard practices, procedures and collective agreements to identify interventions and resolutions
- Coordinates and manages, within assigned area, and in consultation with Campus Management, the assignment of office space and computer technology including furnishings, renovations, and maintenance as necessary.
- Team Management & Development:
- Facilitated project staffs understanding of organization’s values, vision, mission statements and partnership standards, project directions, goals etc.
- Regular meeting with the project/program staffs and give feedback for their performances.
- Regular coaching to Project Staffs and Facilitators.
- Conducted staff performance evaluation as and when required
- All team members have individual, team plans and goals.
- Technical Areas of DME processes, Finance & Peace Building:
- Demonstrate leadership in DME
- Conduct primary data collection processes and Analyze primary data
- Apply learning from DME processes
- All transactions comply with field financial standards
- Advocate for greater integration of peace building and conflict sensitivity in projects
- Evaluate and improve peace building and conflict sensitivity
- Share learning from internally and externally
- Documentation & Reporting:
- Work properly documented
- Reports submitted on time
- Important information and learning shared with relevant colleagues
- Collect case study and significant story
- Lesson learnt and best practices are reported and shared in the program management
- MIS data collection and entry in system properly
- Networking & Advocacy:
- Effective working relationships established with consortium partners, local partners and colleagues
- Establish and sustain working relationships with Government Departments and Agencies relevant to the Program’s focus area at the Ward, Sub County and County levels
- Participate in the Annual County Government’s Planning and Budgeting process and influence resource allocation to the priority needs of the most vulnerable groups within the Program Area
- Work with community groups to utilize advocacy approaches such as Citizen Voice and Action (CVA) and Child Protection Advocacy (CPA) to enable service users and local partners to engage directly with local government service providers to improve the quality of government services for children and to generate information and evidence for use in national level advocacy work.
- Effective coordination with NGOs undertaking governance activities in the program area
- Coordination work with another component
- Professional and Personal Development:
- Improved capacity through self-learning and consultation with colleagues
- Of professional development events attended
- An understanding of Nobo Jatra program’s design and implementation strategy in regards to work and relationships
Masters in any discipline from a reputed university
- At least 10 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Strong understanding of key aspects of community-led development work
- Demonstrated capacity in project management, with conceptual understanding and required competency in DME functions;
- Strong critical and analytical thinking capabilities skill
- Strong interpersonal skills and well-developed written and oral communications skills in English and Bengali
- Computer literacy, including the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Achieving quality results and service
- Practicing accountability and integrity
- Communicating information effectively
- Learning for growth and development
- Maintaining work/life balance and effectiveness
- Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly
- Understanding the Humanitarian Industry
- Practicing innovation and creativity
- Building collaborative relationships
- Practicing gender and cultural diversity
- Influencing individuals and groups
Khulna (Dacope, Koyra), Satkhira (Kaliganj, Shyamnagar)
Online Job Posting
Shushilan – a national NGO is inviting application from qualified candidates for the ‘Nobo Jatra Project’ supported by World Vision. If you are interested and meet the criteria, please send your application along with a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copy of all academic certificates and two (02) copy passport size photographs, copy of national ID to In-charge, HR Cell, Shushilan, Head Office: 155 Jalil Sharoni, Commercial cum Residential Area, Rayermohol, Boyra, Khulna 9000 on or before 19 February 2017. Only short listed candidates will be called for interview. Requirements are flexible for highly skilled candidates and women are especially encouraged to apply.
Please mark position name on top of the envelope.
Please mark position name on top of the envelope.
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline : Feb 19, 2017
Address : House # 614, Road # 12, Baitul Aman Housing Society, Adabor, Dhaka-1207
Web : www.shushilan.org
Business : Shushilan – a non-profit organization has been working in the field of Livelihoods, Environmental Resource Management, Health & Nutrition, Human Rights & Good Governance, Disaster Management and People organization development in Bangladesh since 1991.