Title: Head Customer Services
Region: South Asia
Department: Business Support Services
Job Category: Customer Services
Pay Band: Locally appointed Grade F
Vacancy Description: Head Customer Services, Dhaka, Bangladesh, Band 7,Indefinite, Submission Deadline: 19 February 2017
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities,building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body
Purpose of the Job:
The post holder will be responsible for managing a data-led professional Customer Services operation for British Council Bangladesh. S/He will ensure that all teams engage in the process of delivering a seamless, consistent and high quality customer and sales experience for British Council customers.
The post holder will lead and manage customer services operations in all British Council centres across the country. S/He will support delivery teams in achieving business objectives in an effective and efficient manner across all channels e.g. face to face, phone, email and digital. This role will need to create a holistic customer services strategy for Bangladesh which focuses not only on external facing diverse audiences but also on managing relationships with key stakeholders.
The job involves operations management across the directorate; this will include people, process, systems development and quality assurance. The role will involve blending the Customer Services and Sales processes in a manner which enriches the customer experience and drives business outcomes.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- To lead British Council Bangladesh’s Customer Services operations across all centres in Dhaka, Chittagong and Sylhet and ensure the team is well aligned, adequately trained, informed and strives for continuous improvement of the customer experience as measured.
- To ensure the team is appropriately resourced and consistent induction processes are in place to enable the team to deliver customer experience as per British Council Global standards.
- To analyse and understand complex customer services issues and provide timely management information to the senior leadership team for business-planning, decision-making and/or the development of new or improved customer services policies and practices.
- To champion and advocate compliance with corporate customer service policies in and address areas of non-compliance.
- To act as complaints lead for the country and ensure that the complaints policy is consistently adhered to across Bangladesh.
- To report on Customer Service performance, enquiries, sales and complaints data from all centres on a monthly basis and report on a quarterly basis to the Corporate Enquiries and Complaints Manager as part of the global reporting requirement.
- To continuously work towards moving enquiries to self-service to improve the customer experience
And will have the following skills and experience:
- Very good knowledge and skills in the area of monitoring and evaluation, and risk management
- excellent communications skills in English
- 5 years of work experience in a similar position in any reputed organisation
- Demonstrable strong customer services experience in any industry
- has championed/ developed high quality standards for Market research studies, marketing campaigns
- Masters in any discipline.
We can offer:
- Monthly salary BDT 153,000 (Consolidated)
- Transport allowance of BDT 8000.00 per month plus other benefits according to the organisation’s policy.
- Professional development opportunities
- edical benefits upon confirmation on the post for the staff and their family members (spouse/declared partner and children).
- Experience of working in an international organisation includes good work life balance and flexible working hours
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and called for interview. We will only shortlist applications submitted on a British Council application form submitted electronically through jobs portal. No hard copies of the application will be accepted.
Submission starts: 6 February 2017
Submission deadline: 19 February 2017
“The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989”
“The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. Our policy aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, religion or marital status. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria”
Before Apply Please Visit British Council Web site For more information: Click Here
Appy Job:Click Here
Source: British Council Web site