RDRS Bangladesh Job Circular on January 2016
Admin & Finance Officer (Suchana Project)
Job Description / Responsibility
- The position is based in any Upazila of Sylhet.
- Major job responsibilities of Admin & Finance Officer (Suchana Project) will be as follows:
- Recording of all invoices and other bills, staff advance, sale proceeds, lease purchase etc and cross check for quality ensuring;
- Preparation of payments voucher and booking of expenses under appropriate head of Accounts;
- Checking petty cash expenses, daily cash count sheet and petty cash reimbursement;
- Keeping voucher, documents and records properly and safely;
- Data entry in computerized accounting system and assisting the Accounts Manager in preparation of monthly reports;
- Assisting in the preparation of payroll and disbursement of petty cash and control cash;
- Settlement of invoice and other bills and deduction of Income tax and VAT at source and timely deposit of Governments Taxes to Tax Authority;
- Maintaining of fixed assets memorandum and preparation of monthly statement according to capitalization policy;
- Preparation of journal voucher and taking approval from authorized person before recording;
- Taking of GL details form computer and preparation of different schedules, local contribution, wording advance etc;
- Any other function as may be assigned to him her by the Accounts manager of his/her delegated person;
- Reporting frequently all financial transactions Monthly, Quarterly, annually and required by donors and internal;
- Prepare all call forward for monthly according to budget allocation;
- Assists in monitoring the expenditure processes in accordance with policy and procedures;
- Ensures the veracity and authenticity of Project’s financial transactions;
- Supports administration in the procurement process;
- Maintains integrity and confidentiality of all the financial transactions.
Masters in Accounting/ Finance.
- At least 3 year(s)
- Age At most 40 year(s)
- At least 3 years experience in the relevant field in any reputed NGO.
- Computer literate, advance knowledge in excel is preferable;
- The candidate should have good knowledge on Accounting Practice, Income Tax, VAT and custom rules of Bangladesh;
- Capable in preparing budgets, budgetary control and financial reports;
- Good reporting and analytical skills;
- Good command over verbal and written communication in English and Bangla;
- Experience of working with local NGOs and INGOs would be an advantage;
- Age may be relaxed for deserving candidates.
Tk. 18000 – 20000
As per project budget and organizational policy.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Qualified applicants are requested to apply to the Head of HR, RDRS Bangladesh, Jail Road, Radhaballav, Rangpur with detailed CV including contact telephone/ cell phone number, email address, 3 copies of recent passport size photographs, copies of all certificates, national ID card. Applicants are requested to write the name of position applied for on the envelope. Only short listed candidates will be called for interview. Any persuasion will disqualify candidature. Women are especially encouraged to apply. RDRS is a non smoking working environment.
Application Deadline : Jan 12, 2017
Address : RDRS Bangladesh, Jail Road, Radhaballav, Rangpur
Web : www.rdrsbangla.net
Business : RDRS Bangladesh is a national development NGO works for rural development by empowering the rural poor in northwest Bangladesh. RDRS was formally established as the Bangladesh field programme of the Geneva-based Lutheran World Federation/Department for World Service (LWF/DWS) on 8 February 1972. Its development aim is to achieve sustainable increases in their living standards. With this aim, RDRS enables those who participate in its programme to gain the necessary skills, understanding, confidence, institutions and services; and ensure that the rural communities have the necessary economic, social and environmental resources. RDRS employees approximate 3,000 staff and works with a further approximately 3,000 volunteers and daily paid workers. The vast majority of staff are in field positions, with specialist sectoral and support units in Rangpur and Dhaka.