Technical Officer (Livestock)
Jagorani Chakra Foundation
Job Description / Responsibility
- Facilitate training needs assessment of producers, ensure training to make them technically sound on dairy value chain(production, management, breed improvement, supply chain etc) and evaluation of training program
- Provide technical support to producers, Paravet development and ensure BDS, market development, business promotion and diversification of services that meet up the demands at local level of producers.
- Facilitate producers to establish demonstration on innovative technology, good practice through establish linkage with public and private sector and Research institutes
- Facilitate producers group for organizational development, organize training on cattle management including vaccination and preliminary treatment for the producers as well as breed improvement
- Organize community meeting, review meeting, workshop with all stakeholder in dairy value chain
- Facilitate Lead Farmer to establish contract with private and public sector organization for making inputs (vaccines, feed, AI materials etc.) available at community level
- Support to producers for developing activity plan and business plan and review them
- To support in ensuring that all veterinary services are well coordinated with livestock departments like cattle management, vaccination and inputs (feeds, AI, vaccines, deworming etc) to the dairy producers/ dairy producers’ group
- To work closely with Programme officers for Livestock related interventions.
- Facilitate producers’ group to establish contract with output market actors for raw milk and processed products (Sana, Ghee etc)
- To carry out field monitoring visits and support Provincial Livestock Officers in adherence to the sector technical standards.
- To support and assist for developing proposals, guidelines, strategies.
- To coordinate with relevant government and non-government agencies, and represent JCF in different forums.
- Provide support to producers group for access to finance through organize match making workshop with Micro Finance Institute, Bank, NGOs etc.
- Assist the Team Leader to prepare annual, quarterly and monthly plans and report for effective execution of the project activities as stipulated in the project document
- Prepare different case studies, change story, message, article and capitalization of experiences.
- Any responsibilities given by the Organization.
- 2 to 2 year(s)
- Age At most 35 year(s)
At least 2 years relevant experience in NGO sector particularly on Livestock based Livelihoods/ Dairy value chain.
Anywhere in Bangladesh
Online Job Posting
Name of applied position should clearly write on the top of envelop or subject line of E- mail.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Any convicted child oppressor will be disqualified for the position.
Jagorani Chakra Foundation