BRAC Job Circular on January 2017
Consultant, Social Media Administrator, Communications Department (Contractual)
- BRAC envisions a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. Over the last 45 years we have grown to become the largest non-profit development organisation in the world, and our work has empowered millions of people living in poverty to take control of their lives. Reaching 1 in every 55 people, with staff in thousands of offices across 11 countries, as well as affiliate offices in another three, a career at BRAC offers you endless ways to make a change in our world. Our story lab is a tight-knit group of social, visual, online and written creatives with big ideas. We collaborate every day, but there are a few pieces currently missing from our brainstorming sessions – we`re hoping you`ll be one of the pieces we are looking for in our colourful puzzle. We are looking for a Social Media Administrator to build our brand, while creating content for our campaigns, events, programmes, and more. You will join a highly cross-functional team of designers, communications specialists and media experts, all working together to bring dreams to life. Your portfolio should be overflowing with examples of your mastery in both Bangla and English, from brilliantly effective hashtags, slogans and memes through to strategic brand messaging. You should be ready to push our team (and our global brand) to new heights. You are someone who`s up to the challenge of telling our evolving story to the world in the most compelling and surprising ways possible, to dig deep and understand what content works where and present multiple narratives. We collaborate with teams across BRAC in Bangladesh and globally, so you can expect to be guiding content for long-term global projects, while crafting stories, designs and plans on a daily basis.
- Job Location: BRAC Head Office
Job Description / Responsibility
- Collaborate with creative partners to conceive and drive innovative, big ideas that will explode across multiple platforms, come to life and touch people globally
- Take complex concepts and produce easy to understand content that can be consumed by the general public (both local and international).
- Manage projects and provide direction working closely to guide the work of external agencies
- Help establish a cohesive BRAC global voice
- Keep up to date on and contribute to global development and current affairs conversations, including maintaining an in-depth understanding of BRAC’s activities globally
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the history of BRAC and the role of each BRAC entity
- Constantly explore new storytelling methods and develop innovative, compelling multimedia products that have the ability to inspire, educate and make change
- Mentor staff in improving content creation skills in accordance with established guidelines.
Bachelor’s degree from any recognised university.
- 1 to 2 year(s)
- 1-2 year in social media content development for an agency, corporate communications department, news outlet or non-profit
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or similar desktop publishing tools, as well as post production/animation skills
- Proficient in Bangla and English
- Willingness to regularly travel within and outside of Bangladesh
- Obsessed with professional development, brainstorming and collaborating to constantly generate better products
- History of self-initiated projects and proven experience overseeing projects from inception to launch
- Ability to take feedback and input and come up with solutions that keep the integrity of the ideas
- Ability to work independently and participate actively on a creative team, and ensure that copy stays on strategy
- Thrive on delivering concepts and content for quick-turnaround assignments, confidently juggling competing demands and multiple deadlines
- Ability to understand the voice of a brand and transfer that understanding into exceptional creative work
- A strong sense of BRAC’s voice and what the organisation stands for, and a passion for making change in the world
- Keep regular office hours, which may be extended when deadlines occur
- Be a team player and cooperate with colleagues in execution of assignment
Festival Bonus, Health and Life Insurance
Online Job Posting
Click to view Detail & Apply : http://careers.brac.net/Presentation/ViewJobDetailsNW.aspx?type=2017011201
Application Deadline : Jan 23, 2017