Career with BRAC International
With over 100,000 employees reaching an estimated 138 million people, BRAC is the world’s largest non-governmental organisation.
BRAC is a development success story, spreading anti-poverty solutions born in Bangladesh to 10 other developing countries in Asia and Africa, making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor.
With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of tools including microfinance, education, healthcare, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities’ own human and material resources, catalysing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world’s top development and humanitarian relief organisations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global south. BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill up the following position:
Programme Manager – Food Security & Livelihood
The purpose of this role is to ensure the proper planning and timely implementation of projects, lead and coordinate project activities, manage and provide technical guidance of the food security & livelihoods programme. The role will be also responsible for expansion of existing programme in country through ensuing new projects and funding sources. Develop harmonious and effective relations with donors, government agencies, and other stakeholders, branding BRAC Liberia for ensuing acceptability in food security and livelihood sectors.
- Planning for project implementation including technical activity, financial and procurement planning, coordination and execution of the Food Security & Livelihood projects
- Making liaison with the Donor Agencies at the national and international level for agriculture, food security and livelihood sector development and raising funds.
- Participating in the strategic planning and support to prepare Concept Note/ proposals for food security and livelihood activities.
- Ensure that all Food Security & Livelihood (FSL) activities are conducted in accordance with approved work plans and budgets including field visit, regular programme monitoring, budget forecast, plan vs. progress, case studies, reports etc.
- Coordination with other BRAC programmes (i.e. health, education, ELA etc) and ensures that financial, administration and logistics requirements of the FSL projects are arranged.
- Represent BRAC internally and externally, contributing to improved coordination in the food security & livelihood cluster, and maintain good relation and liaison with partners and key stakeholders, government, INGOs, research institutions and local authorities. Ensure BRAC is held with high esteem and respect and receives adequate visibility.
- Arrange periodic internal and donor meeting and preparation of reports (both programmematic and financial) in accordance with guidelines and donor requirements and deadlines.
- Facilitate to development of learning materials (i.e. training module, guidelines, flip chart, leaflet/booklet, policy/strategy papers, etc.)
- Provide technical support, capacity building and innovative ideas, (i.e. training, workshop, meeting) to volunteers, national staff.
- Communicate and coordinate with stakeholders for business oriented services for production, processing and marketing of agricultural (crop, livestock) inputs and products, & the development of agricultural value chain
- Supporting for staff recruitment, appraisal, management, general well-being, job descriptions, work schedules, discipline etc. in coordination with Country Representative and support team.
- Ensureing integrated development of the adaptive research, climate smart agriculture
- Support to poultry farm/ seed production farm as per the suggestion and guideline of the CR and programme anchor.
- Coordinate with other technical departments (health, education, MF etc) and support departments (i.e. admin, human resources).
- Good management and pedagogical skills in the agriculture, livestock, food security and livelihood development programme
- Capacity to manage a multidisciplinary and multicultural team ability to coordinate effective team work and to work effectively within a team
- Strong capacity building/training facilitation skills and experience.
- Good technical knowledge on poultry and livestock
- Basic skills on resource mobilization and fundraising and experience in conducting surveys
- Very good oral & written communication skills in English
- Excellent analytical, report writing and presentation skills
- Strong business understanding and self-learning capacity
- Ready to work under pressure and stress
- Must be deadline oriented and committed to assignment
- Must be able to work with other functional teams
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organisation skills
- Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources
- Very good understanding about West African context
- International exposure in different countries.
- Willing to travel both within and outside Country
- Strong financial/budget management skills required flexible, culturally sensitive
- Computer skills (Microsoft office, Photoshop)
- Minimum Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)/BSc in Agricultural Science/BSc in Animal Husbandry from any reputed University/Institute with minimum 2nd division or class or equivalent CGPA in all academic records.
- Candidates having MBA or relevant master degree will be given preference.
At least 08 years of experience in the field of Food security & Livelihood sectors working towards the improvement of livelihoods of poor and marginal farmers through implementing integrated Agricultural & livestock and off-farm interventions.
Employment type: Contractual
Job Location: BRAC International Country Offices- Liberia
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to apply online through careers.brac.net or email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at email@example.com
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 46/16 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: January 13, 2017
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer