Technical Officer – Shelter and Livelihood
The Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
- Department : Cyclone Roanu Operation/Flood Operation under Disaster Response Department
- Reportable to : Line manager
- Location : Jamalpur, Noakhali & Laxmipur
- Contract period: Till March 2017
- Job purpose:
- Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) is a humanitarian organisation working for Disaster Risk Reduction, Disaster Response (Relief & Recovery), Cyclone Preparedness, Community Based Disaster Preparedness, Community Development etc.
- Disaster Response (DR) Department under DMD Division mainly focuses on emergency response for natural and men made disasters with a view to reducing socio-economic vulnerabilities of the targeted communities. Disaster Response department addresses needs and priorities of selected communities and major sectors requiring interventions are water and sanitation, health, shelter & livelihood, women and development etc.
- The Technical Officers – Shelter and Livelihood are expected to implement the respective Shelter and Livelihood related planned activities appropriately.
Job Description / Responsibility
- 1. Design, plan, implement and follow up of construction/rehabilitation of household shelters
- 2. Ensure site management: general supervision of construction work and ensuring the safety of construction sites and community participation
- 3. Prepare budget and cash request for shelter related activities
- 4. Plan and organize training for targeted group on improved construction technique and maintenance
- 5. Organize, facilitate and monitor the cash grant distribution and associated shelter activities and formalities
- 6. Ensure the integration of gender, child protection, environment and other crosscutting issues to the design, implementation and development of shelter activities and ensure that activities. Take into account the needs of specific groups and individuals, especially children, elderly and disabled
- 7. Plan, organize and facilitate PHAST tools in the communities
- 8. Coordinate with concerned unit and other local actors (GO/NGOs) regarding shelter activities
- 1. Plan, organize and follow up of the community mobilization in target communities on issues related to of income generating activities (IGA), training on household livelihoods and implementation of the Cash for works (CFW)
- 2. Support to conduct the beneficiary selection and post distribution monitoring through Mobile Phone & using RAMP, ensure Beneficiary Communication, design and implement the Cash Transfer programs
- 3. Building relationship with different I/NGO’s and government personnel in the project area and set a common understanding to ensure the sustainable livelihood approach in the programs and projects
- 4. Site management: general supervision of construction work and ensuring the safety of construction sites and community participation
- 5. Prepare budget and cash request, CGID, beneficiary list, muster roll for livelihood related activities
- 6. Plan and organize livelihood training on improved IGA techniques
- 7. prepare case studies regarding Income Generating Activities of cash for livelihood program under recovery operation
- 8. Organize, facilitate and monitor the cash grant distribution and associated livelihood activities and formalities
- 9. Ensure the integration of gender, child protection, HIV, environment and other crosscutting issues to the design, implementation and development of Shelter activities and ensure that activities. Take into account the needs of specific groups and individuals, especially children, the elderly and disabled. Coordinate with other local actors (GO/NGOs) regarding WASH shelter activities
- 10. Coordinate with concerned and other local actors (GO/NGOs) regarding livelihood activities
- 11. Support other activities as assigned by the authorities
- At least 3 year(s)
- Age At most 40 year(s)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience on Shelter and Livelihood related activities
- Direct experience in the field especially at community level
- Skills & abilities:
- • Good communication skill
- • Organization, coordination and planning skill
- • Good computer skill
- • Fluent in English and Bangla.
- Personal qualities:
- • Adhere to the 7 fundamental principles of Red Cross and Red Crescent movement
- • Act at all times in accordance with the Code of Conduct
- • Honest and high level of integrity
- • Assist the organization on occasion, in times of national, international or local emergencies or major disasters
Anywhere in Bangladesh
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
BDRCS is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline : Dec 12, 2016
The Bangladesh Red Crescent Society Address : 684-686 Boro Mogh Bazar, Red Crescent Sarak | Dhaka-1217 Web : www.bdrcs.orgBusiness : The Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS), established by the President’s Order No. 26 of 1973 as an auxiliary to the Government, provides with humanitarian assistance to the distressed and vulnerable population. The Training Department of BDRCS has been providing various trainings to employees, volunteers and communities internally (BDRCS and Red Cross Red Crescent Movement partners) and to same of external partners (local, national and international organizations). During the last three and half year period the Department conducted over 348 different training courses.