- The position for : Muslim Aid Institute of Technology (MAIT)-Dhaka
- Purpose of the Post: To maintain accounts of the institution transparently and support program to run smoothly.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Collect, analyse and summarize accounts information and trends to prepare special financial reports.
- Compile and analyse accounts information to prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analysing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- To ensure all records are maintained & stored accordingly
- To comply with all policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
- Graduate/ Masters in Accounting with three years’ Experience in the relevant field
- At least 3 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Three years ground experience in the field of finance and accounting
- Experienced working in INGO/NGOs
- Experienced working in institution knowing the mandates and accountability
- Having knowledge of core accounting and finance
- Having depth knowledge of maintaining all registers, banking and accountability
- Knowledge of organizational behaviour and respecting its’ mandates
- Ability to work in and with a diverse team (E)
- Ability to work under pressure and critical situation (D)
- Understanding the crisis and emergency situation of the organization (E)
- Tk. 20000
- Inclusive all
- Festival Bonus, Provident Fund, Gratuity and other benefits as per Project operation policy
- Online Job Posting
Muslim Aid is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline : Dec 12, 2016
Address : House#13 (4th floor), Road-27, Block-J, Banani, Dhaka-1213
Web : www.muslimaid.org.bd
Business : International relief and development agency working to alleviate the suffering among the world poorest and most needy communities regardless of race, creed or nationality.