Micronutrient Initiative,Program Assistant (PA), N-LIFT (DAWN) Job Circular 2016
Program Assistant (PA), N-LIFT (DAWN)
- Reports to/Position Title: Project Manager, N-LIFT (DAWN)
- Reports indirectly to/Position Title: Country Director
- Time Period: January 1, 2017 to March 31, 2019
Job Description / Responsibility
- Overall Purpose/Broad Objectives: The overall purpose of the position is to provide support to the Project Manager (NLIFT-DAWN) in project management and financial matters in the assigned program to ensure timely and efficient/effective servicing within the MI policies and approved framework. Support is related to the preparation of contracts, payment requests and related documents.
- Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The specific terms of reference for this position are:-
- Project Documentation: Assist the Project Manager in preparing consultancy contracts, travel grants and all official documentation for review of the Procurement and Contracts Officer.
- Administrative Management of Project:
- Render administrative support including taking minutes of meetings and other assistance as per the requirement of the office including drafting routine correspondence, and maintenance of files and office records.
- In consultation with Project Manager and finance staff liaise with project staff on the submission of technical and financial reports and ensure obligations are met by both the recipient and MI.
- Organise and execute plans for all project-related travel, logistics for workshops/meetings.
- Assist in preparation of travel claims of project staff
- Assist Project Manager in recruitment process for consultants and maintain the database of consultants.
- Assist in procurement process for program contract and submit procurement documents for review by respective authorized person/Country Director.
- Finance Management of Project:
- Assist in checking off payment milestones in Contract Data Base (CDB )on weekly basis. Assist in preparing the contract closures and entering in CDB
- Assist Project Manager in preparation of Payment Request Form and its approval by the supervisor
- Contracts Data Base:
- Assist in entering the information on projects in Contract Data Base (CDB) after approved Country Implementation Plan (CIP) and Project Implementation Plan (PIP) is received.
- Assist in preparation of Funding Approval (FA) and entries in CDB
- Assist in preparing the Contract Approval Sheets (CAS) and enters approved CAS in CDB after the approved Contract is received
- Assist in reviewing the monthly projections in CDB
- Other Duties:
- Responsible for day-to-day tracking and monitoring of documentation and follow-up on PIP and budget.
- Assist in the final completion, formatting and printing of documents.
- Execute prompt dispatch of cheques /outgoing mail.
- Update tracker of dispatch number
- Photocopy, Fax, E-mail etc.
- Filing of contracts, agreements, purchase orders and procurement related documents.
- Support Project Manager and Program Officers on information and data analysis for program management & implementation
- Generally ensure that appropriate action is taken on project matters in the absence of the Project Manager within (a) Project Implementation Plan (PIP) and (b) MI policies and approved limits and keep in touch with Project Manager
- Any other specific task assigned by the Project Manager – NLIFT as required
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have any supervisory function
- NOTE: This job description can and will be amended as required from time to time
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- At least 5 year(s)
- At least five years of working experience preferably in the development sector. Experience of managing program finances and monitoring contracts will be an added advantage.
- Language Skills: English and Bangla-both oral and written.
- Travel Requirements: This position needs some travel within the country.
- Skills in administration and secretarial skills
- Superior interpersonal skill
- Competent IT skills, i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Multi-tasking ability with an analytical and methodical approach
- A good team player
- Highest integrity, maturity and professionalism;
- The annual salary for this position is BDT 715,839 plus benefits separately.
- Online Job Posting
Please forward your resume and cover letter to AsiaHR@micronutrient.org quoting Program Assistant, N-LIFT (DAWN), Bangladesh in the subject line. Competition closes on December 15, 2016. Please note that this position is located in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an acknowledgement and will be called for personal interactions. MI is a non-smoking work environment.
Application Deadline : Dec 15, 2016