Islamic Relief Worldwide Bangladesh; Assistant Project Officer
Assistant Project Officer (Community Mobilization)
Islamic Relief Worldwide Bangladesh
- Islamic Relief Bangladesh is going to implement WaSH Project “Promoting Access to Safe Water, Sanitation and Hygiene for the Coastal Community living in Satkhira District”. The project will be implement in Debhata Upzila under Satkhira District. Under this project 1960 households and 500 students at school level will get Safe water access and training on basic hygiene practice. The major activities of this project are: (a) Installation of 100 nos appropriate water points, (b) Training of 2300 Caretaker of the water points and distribution of 100 nos well repairing and maintenance toolbox. (c) Basic Hygiene training to 9800 participants (d) Installation of 100 nos sanitary latrine to the 100 households. Approximate Project Period is to be Eight Month starting from January, 1, 2017.
- The Assistance Project Officer – Community Mobilization will be responsible for overall mobilization to the community under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator. The Major activities will be conduct Focus group discussion, coordination, BNF selection, Training on hygiene issues, monitoring and supervision, project implementation, public awareness,CRM process etc. Also share progress and monitoring report time to time to the respective Management. Job Location for this position is Debhata Upazilla Under Satkhira District.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Coordination with local Stockholder
- Conduct Inception meeting with Union parishad and Local Community.
- Conduct FGD with local community to get primary beneficiary list.
- Assist Project Coordinator to conduct Upzila level inception and coordination meeting.
- Attain in different meeting and training.
- Coordination & networking with Local stakeholders and Beneficiaries.
- Participate different coordination meeting in Union and Upzila level.
- Involve UDMC/PIC/ other Project implementation agencies in this area.
- Project Implementation
- Responsible for all kinds of community mobilizations of the project including project beneficiaries’ selection as per project methodology.
- Assist in selection of the sites for structural interventions and ensure its quality as per project requirement.
- Conducting hygiene promotion, caretaker training and awareness building session at community level.
- Conducting focus group discussion and community consultation for bringing the project appropriateness.
- Assisting in pre-survey and post-survey for different structural interventions.
- Monitoring the working progress & ensure the quality of project activities & inform Project Officer timely.
- Able to do arsenic, salinity and Iron testing at field level.
- Coordination & networking with grass root level stake holders.
- To organize day observance through various types with advocacy and awareness activity
- Assist to line management to prepare different types of project reports and database.
- Involving UDMC & other Project implementation teams for implementation of the project
- Ensuring the visibility of the project as per project design/planning
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Able to capture good quality photographs of project interventions and prepare well profile.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Supervisor.
- Ensures comprehensive and effective monitoring and reporting
- Prepare and submit a planning of the weekly activities to the line manager
- Supervise and monitor each stage of the activities. Ensure that standards and instructions given by the line manager, as well as Islamic Relief Bangladesh procedures,
- Submission of daily, weekly and monthly activity and progress report to line manager.
- Involve UDMC & other Project implementation teams for implementation of the project
- Propose some methodology, according to the proposal, and provide it with the experience and lessons learnt from the other organizations.
Bachelor Degree in any discipline from any recognized & UGC approved University or Institution
- At least 3 year(s)
- Minimum Three Years relevant experience in International or national NGO’s.
- Experienced in WaSH infrastructures with Community mobilization.
- Experienced in Hygiene promotion, caretaker training, WaSH awareness rising, DRR Training etc will be preferable
- Proven expertise and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
- No serious illness.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills is essential.
- Willing to travel and work in the most remote areas of Bangladesh
- Must bear valid driving license and should bear to drive motor bike willingly at field level.Willing to adapt to IRW’s norms and values • Supportive, effective and good team player
- Strong communication, planning/Analytical and strategic Management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage workload effectively
- Report writing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Conflict Resolution & Negotiation skill.
- Leadership Skill
- Financial management skill
Other Benefits will be provided as per Organizational HR Policy.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
If you feel that your qualification, exposure and experience matches with our requirements, and you are willing to commit to our values and are sympathetic to our beliefs then please download Application Form from our official website (islamicrelief.org.bd) and send the filled form to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the closing date. Please mention only the ‘Position Name’ as the subject of e-mail.It is strictly advised not to send any other document unless specified above. Violation of the clause will result into disqualification from the Selection process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test & Interview.Islamic Relief Bangladesh is an Equal Opportunity Employers
Application Deadline : Dec 25, 2016
Islamic Relief Worldwide Bangladesh
Address : Bangladesh Country Office: House # 10, Road # 10, Block-K, Baridhara, Dhaka-1212
Web : islamicrelief.org.bd
Business : Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation. Founded in 1984, with headquarters based in Birmingham, UK, we have a presence in 44 countries.Inspired by our Islamic values, we support the world?s most vulnerable people in the fight against poverty and suffering. We do this regardless of race, political affiliation, gender or belief, and without expecting anything in return.As a registered charity, we are open and transparent. We continually assess our work and how we operate to improve our impact and effectiveness. Islamic Relief has been working in Bangladesh since 1991, when we provided emergency relief and supported communities to rebuild in the wake of a devastating cyclone. Since then, we have expanded our programmes to focus on both humanitarian and development challenges.We envisage a caring world where communities are empowered, social obligations are fulfilled and people respond as one to the suffering of others.Our innovative integrated approach sees us work closely with the vulnerable communities that we serve. They identify the problems and are part of the solutions. As a result, our programmes often encompass many interlinked areas. These include livelihoods, food security and community development ? as well as child protection and welfare, health and nutrition, water and sanitation, education, disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation.