Islamic Relief Worldwide Bangladesh Job Circular-2016
Field Officer (Health, Education & Child Welfare)
Islamic Relief Worldwide Bangladesh
Child Welfare Program is one of the core programs of Islamic Relief, Bangladesh. Under this program Islamic Relief Bangladesh is sponsoring about 3700 children countrywide through its One-to-One Sponsorship Program. Integrated Development Approach for Sponsored Orphans (IDASO) is a major component of the One to One Sponsorship program. The program was undertaken with an aim to develop orphans living with their mothers. IDASO has four major components which are Life Skills Education (LSE), Enhanced Health Care (EHC), Scouting and Cultural Forum (SCF) and Support for Small Enterprise (SSE). The Field Officer position will work under the direct supervision of Program Officer & will posted at Cox’s Bazar up to December 31, 2017.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Establish contact with local GoB, NGO agencies and Community People.
- Initiate awareness-building activities for general people regarding Orphans issue.
- Initiate awareness-building activities for Orphans and family members.
- Collection and verification of new Orphan’s Bio-data and photographs and preparation of its soft copy for onward submission to IRCO.
- Provide skill training to the Orphans and their family members.
- Regular visit of Orphans household.
- Arrange health awareness session and Health check up session
- Arrange mother group meeting every month
- Ensure all proper documentation related to expenditure at field
- Collect drawing and greeting card from orphan and send it to IRCO
- Arrange annual picnic/sports/excursion for orphan
- Regular School visits for ensuring orphans presence in the School.
- Assistance in proposed Orphans WATSAN activities.
- Assistance in Orphans house renovation activities.
- Assistance in Orphans families IGA initiatives.
- Assistance in preparation of annual 1-2-1 Orphans Progress report.
- Case study collection and preparation
- Provide better treatment for sick orphan
- Arrange child day & mother day observance
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly report
- Collection Monthly Requisition & Bank Statement from Bank. Forward Bank Statement & expenditure of Voucher to the IRCO.
- Prepare Budget, Monthly Requisition, Monthly Report, And Monthly Action Plan etc.
- To perform any other duties as and when required by the management
Bachelor Degree in English, Development Studies, Economics, Sociology, Social Science or any other relevant discipline from any recognized & UGC approved university.
- At least 2 year(s)
- Minimum Two Years relevant experience in International or national NGO’s.
- Experience in working with Children.
- Experience in working with Livelihood, Education component.
- Proven expertise and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills is essential.
- Willing to travel and work in the most remote areas of Bangladesh
- Must bear a valid driving license for motor bike and drive willingly at field level.
- Willing to adapt to IRW’s norms and values
- Supportive, effective and good team player
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage workload effectively
- Good communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Problem solving skills
Other Benefits will be provided as per Organizational HR policy.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
If you feel that your qualification, exposure and experience matches with our requirements, and you are willing to commit to our values and are sympathetic to our beliefs then please download Application Form from our official website (islamicrelief.org.bd) and send the filled form to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the closing date. Please mention only the ‘Position Name’ as the subject of e-mail.It is strictly advised not to send any other document unless specified above. Violation of the clause will result into disqualification from the Selection process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test & Interview.Islamic Relief Bangladesh is an Equal Opportunity Employers
Application Deadline : Jan 7, 2017
Islamic Relief Worldwide Bangladesh
Address : Bangladesh Country Office: House # 10, Road # 10, Block-K, Baridhara, Dhaka-1212 Web : islamicrelief.org.bd
Business : Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation. Founded in 1984, with headquarters based in Birmingham, UK, we have a presence in 44 countries.Inspired by our Islamic values, we support the world?s most vulnerable people in the fight against poverty and suffering. We do this regardless of race, political affiliation, gender or belief, and without expecting anything in return.As a registered charity, we are open and transparent. We continually assess our work and how we operate to improve our impact and effectiveness. Islamic Relief has been working in Bangladesh since 1991, when we provided emergency relief and supported communities to rebuild in the wake of a devastating cyclone. Since then, we have expanded our programmes to focus on both humanitarian and development challenges.We envisage a caring world where communities are empowered, social obligations are fulfilled and people respond as one to the suffering of others.Our innovative integrated approach sees us work closely with the vulnerable communities that we serve. They identify the problems and are part of the solutions. As a result, our programmes often encompass many interlinked areas. These include livelihoods, food security and community development ? as well as child protection and welfare, health and nutrition, water and sanitation, education, disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation.