Software Engineer in Test
Escenic Asia Ltd.
Job Description / Responsibility
- We are looking for a self-motivated and team oriented Software Engineer in Test (SET) to join our excellent QA team. He/she must be willing to work both as an individual contributor and together with a team of engineers. Our QA team is highly focused on pushing our products to their limits, making sure they perform to meet customer expectations and conform to the highest quality standards. The day-to-day work frequently include, but is not limited to:
- ● Validation of components in a large-scale software development environment.
- ● Exploratory testing with the aim of increasing the test coverage and maximise the discovery of bugs and defects.
- ● Further development and maintenance of our test automation system.
- ● Understanding, using and improving our continuous delivery system.
- ● Planning and developing new test cases for enterprise software on all levels.
- ● Frequent communication with offshore stakeholders.
- ● Ownership of our fully automated test environment.
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 year(s)
- Qualification requirements
- ● 2+ Years of experience (as SQA Engineer/ QA Engineer/ Software tester/ Test Engineer etc)
- ● A solid understanding of testing practices and testing methodologies
- ● A solid understanding of software development life cycle
- ● Experience with test automation technologies like selenium and robot framework
- ● Experience with Linux-based operating systems
- ● Coding abilities in Python or Bash script
- ● Experience with testing in an agile development environment
- ● Excellent written and verbal communication skills is an absolute must
- ● Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Additional Requirements
- ● Prior experience of testing large enterprise applications
- ● Sound knowledge on relational databases and sql queries
- ● A good understanding of basic cloud technology
- ● Experience in debugging test failures, using investigative procedures and code analysis, in order to track down bugs
- ● A true passion to learn and adopt new technical skills
- ● Self-driven, Proactive! and result oriented
- ● A team player with the ability to motivate a team in a fast paced and ever changing environment
- ● Previous webservice or api testing experience is beneficial
- ● Keen attention to details
- Fascinating work in a friendly environment
- Competitive salary, definitely above industry average
- Yearly bonus
- Flexible vacation policy
- Balanced work-life
- Office transportation/allowance
- Health Insurance
- Contributory Provident Fund
- Opportunity to visit Europe
- Breakfast and Lunch at office
- Other benefits as per office policy
- Online Job Posting
You are encouraged to apply at your earliest convenience. In the email/cover letter please mention why you think you are the right person for this position. Please mention ‘your_name applied for Software Engineer in Test’ in subject of your e-mail.
Application Deadline : Dec 31, 2016
Escenic Asia Ltd.
Business : Escenic AS is a top quality software product company which contributes in the development of the world class online publishing CMS named Escenic Content Engine, using cutting edge technologies. It has more than fifty highly-qualified, talented and innovative IT professionals worldwide involved in all the life cycles of software development from design, implementation, quality assurance, maintenance to customizing solution for customers and provide support & Operations in cloud based environment.
Escenic Asia Limited is a subsidiary company of Escenic AS based in Oslo, Norway, which is the leading provider of online publishing solutions based on the Escenic Content Engine, a high-performance content management and delivery system, and Widget Framework, a powerful toolset for building modular websites for all platforms.