Climate Change and Finance Expert (Economist)
Bangladesh Center for Advance Studies (BCAS)
- BCAS is seeking applications from qualified applicants for a position of Climate Change and Finance Expert (Economist) under the `Climate Finance Transparency Mechanism (CFTM)` project.
- Duty Station: The duty station will be BCAS Office at Dhaka, Bangladesh (with extensive field visit).
- Gender and Equity Policy: Qualified and eligible women candidates are highly encouraged to apply. BCAS implements a gender equity policy and is supportive of working women.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Innovative financing mechanisms to identify and realize climate finance funding
- Carry out research on climate change adaptation, governance and development including econometric analysis and modeling.
- Economic assessment and technical assistance
- Economic appraisal and inputs to develop frameworks
- At least 5 year(s)
- The applicant should have at least 5 years of working experience in climate change finance or environmental economics.
- Significant experience, including international projects and work for Development Finance Institutions
- Data analysis, econometric modeling and result interpretation
- Should have profound knowledge in experimental and international economics
- Econometric data analysis skill in XL spreadsheets, STATA, SPSS is preferred
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Excellent report-writing skills, with the ability to review evidence and produce succinct and timely summaries
- Excellent communication skill in English both written and oral is necessary
- Professional experience in climate change adaptation, governance and development is an asset
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Bangladesh Center for Advance Studies (BCAS)Business : Bangladesh Centre for Advanced Studies (BCAS) is an independent, non-governmental, non-profit, research, implementing and policy institute established in 1986. Over the years, BCAS has emerged as a leading research and policy institute in Bangladesh working at the local, national, regional and global levels. Its emphasis on eco-specific participatory management, consensus building and conflict resolution at all levels from local to global. BCAS is accredited as observer organization of UNFCCC from the very beginning of Climate Change Negotiation Process i.e. COP, Kyoto Protocol, Rio, WSSD, etc. BCAS is the secretariat for Climate Action Network South Asia (CANSA).