Al-Arafah Islami Bank Limited; Sr. Business Analyst (Regulatory Analyst)
Sr. Business Analyst (Regulatory Analyst)
Al-Arafah Islami Bank Limited
Job Description / Responsibility
- Central MIS Division is seeking professionals with strong financial internal controls documentation and regulatory reporting experience to support efforts to document financial internal control process and procedures and centralize regulatory reports. The Senior Business Analyst is accountable to work as a liaison with the FAD and other stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate information related to Financial and Regulatory/Internal reporting. Collaborating with the management team and external partners, the Senior Business Analyst collects, clarifies, and translates information into documentation from which process related improvement decisions are made and actions are taken.
- Work as team member or team lead to deliver a comprehensive suite of MIS.
- The MIS should be produced in a timely manner with automated and accurate data.
- Work with managers to help internal customers to improve their regulatory MIS reporting needs as well as drive consistency of MIS across the Bank. Represent respective internal customers MIS needs, ensuring internal customers have what they need to run their respective areas while ensuring there is a consistency of MIS across different business units.
- Assist in the development, design and implementation of business systems (Enterprise Data Warehouse) through clarification of requirements.
- Meet regularly with key stakeholders to understand their MIS and data requirements, translate those to Business Requirements Documents (BRDs) and work with the report development and design team to produce automated reports.
- Meet regularly with other stakeholders to understand their MIS requirements and challenges.
- Ensure that access to and distribution of MIS data is on a “need to know” basis and is clearly a defined responsibility of end users roles.
- Conduct gap analysis and identify recommendations to help Bank improve financial internal controls, accounting procedures.
- Partners with process owners to evaluate and document key financial processes and systems and related financial statement risks, including review and update of process narratives, conducting walkthroughs.
- Collaborates with internal Finance and other stakeholders to propose process improvements that will strengthen the internal control environment while having a positive impact on the business.
- Assists with assessment of internal control design to identify any design gaps and provides guidance with implementation of new or revised controls.
- Works with business partners to develop remediation plans and assist in remediation testing.
- Responsible to challenge and assess issues, represent Central MIS in Business/Risk Reviews, Issue Management meetings, and coordinate any regulatory or audit assessments within Central MIS.
- Responsible to test specific process controls to ensure end to end control sustainability. Responsible to evaluate testing results conducted by independent control partners to ensure sustainability of adequate process controls.
- Will be responsible for driving out leading governance and business controls, including policy alignment, procedure oversight, and business routines.
Bachelor degree required in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or similar. Qualified accountant (CPA, ACA or equivalent like CA, CMA, CGA).
- Able to demonstrate a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Experience of working independently to improve and enhance a process
- Keen analytical skills and the ability to challenge current processes and develop recommendations
- Delivery focused, able to drive a process forward
- Significant experience and proven ability to deal with senior management
- Excellent presentation skills and attention to detail. The role will require frequent presentations to internal senior stakeholders.
- Internal financial controls – Identifying and documenting internal financial controls
- Time management – Experience managing deliverables to a tight deadlines
- Influencing – The ability to write and deliver proposals to senior management and effect change in the control environment
- Presentation skills – Preparing and delivering proposals, presentations and training
- Strong written and verbal communication and problem solving skills; proficiency in analytic and quality assurance techniques; leadership ability; and a willingness to take appropriate risks.
- Experience within a large Bank.
- Six plus years’ experience in Risk Management/Internal control and Finance.
- Strong experience in a finance role with a good understanding of financial reporting processes.
- Owns the work, and is focused, effective and efficient and contributes new ideas and finds solutions to business challenges.
- Highly comfortable with navigating large data sets from multiple sources
- Expert level skills in Excel, with history of developing financial and statistical models
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to accept feedback
- Able to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities with a high degree of accuracy
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to work extremely well across functions, successfully bringing people together toward common goals and to consensus
- Ability to multi-task, managing multiple projects, people, and initiatives.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Click to view Detail & Apply : http://www.al-arafahbank.com/career/
Application Deadline : Dec 15, 2016
Al-Arafah Islami Bank Limited
Address : Head Office, Peoples Insurance Bhaban, 7th floor, 36, Dilkusha C/A, Dhaka-1000 Web : www.al-arafahbank.com