Officer – Training Development
- Mandated by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and European Commission (EU) the B-SkillFUL project of Swisscontact aims to improve the well-being of poor and disadvantaged men and women by increasing their access to the labour market and increased income, while safeguarding their fundamental rights at work. The project facilitates implementation of demandable skills training programmes and job placement through local Training Service Providers (TSPs) in Bogra, Tangail, Gazipur, Dinajpur, Joypurhat, Jessore and other districts. B-SkillFUL also raises awareness amongst potential trainees, graduates and informal sector enterprises on issues of labour rights and decent work (LRDW). The duration of the project Phase I is 4 years. Swisscontact invites applications from qualified candidates for the above position:
- Location : Duty station Dhaka with extensive travel as per the requirement of the project
- Duration : 1 January 2017 to 31 December 2019
- Reports To : Manager Training Development
Job Description / Responsibility
- Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- The Officer Training Development (OTD) will coordinate and support the development of training courses and Training Learning Materials (TLM) for the target group and project partners led by the Manager Training Development (MTD). S/he will also coordinate and support the capacity building of project partners under the Project and work closely with the Training Operations Team. The position of OTD is a key position within the training development team and s/he reports to the MTD. The duties and tasks of the Project Officer may include the following:
- Main Responsibilities:
- Contribute to planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluating of project interventions; ensure timeliness and quality of interventions carried out.
- Support preparation of project progress report (monthly, bi-annually and annually); prepare technical reports (activity reports) and others as per project requirements.
- Contribute to the development of Terms of References (TOR), Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and contracts for consultants and project implementation partners; coordinate and support consultants during their missions.
- Coordinate and support market assessment for training in demand and training need analyses of the target group(s).
- Coordinate and support the development and adaptation of existing training courses and TLM (such as standards and curricula, training manuals, training aids, assessment tools) which are relevant to the market and suitable for the target group(s).
- Liaise closely with the private sector (enterprises, associations, specialized organizations), government bodies
- (such as BTEB, DTE, BMET, NSDC), (I)NGOs and other projects for course and TLM development.
- Coordinate and support training need assessment of project partners (Training Service Providers -TSPs, enterprises) and their capacity development.
- Support seminars and workshop to disseminate the project learning as and when required.
- Others Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the other project units for efficient and effective project implementation and mutual learning.
- Conduct any other task assigned by the MTD broadly in line with the job profile of the OTD.
- Key Performance Indicators
- Meeting all targets as agreed upon in the individual detailed work plan
- Compliance with all planning, monitoring, results measurement and reporting tasks
- Compliance with the B-SkillFUL Gender and Social Inclusion Strategy
- Compliance with the B-SkillFUL Communication Strategy and branding guidelines
- Compliance with the guidelines of the B-SkillFUL operational manual.
- Skills and Experience
- Core Skill requirement:
- Ability to work productively in highly collaborative settings while also able to function independently.
- Demonstrated ability managing complexity and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Proficient in written and oral communication skills both in Bangla and English.
- Ability to communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders.
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and is committed to Swisscontact’s core values.
- Operates effectively and efficiently also under stressful situations and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender, diversity and inclusion (e.g. Differently Abled People -DAP).
- Attentive towards details and quality work.
- Willingness to travel in the field.
- At least 3 year(s)
- Good knowledge of the TVET and skills development sector and system in Bangladesh.
- Sound knowledge of different training methodologies including competency based training, assessment (formative, summative) and development of standards, curriculum and TLM.
- At least 3 years of experience in implementing /managing TVET interventions including designing, developing, and editing professional TLM preferably for TVET programme
- Experience in development cooperation with donor agencies and (I)NGOs is an advantage.
- Good command in conducting training needs assessments
- Excellent working knowledge of computer applications like MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Please mention ‘Name of the Position’ applied for in the ‘subject’ line of your email or on top of the envelope.
Applications must be submitted on or before 8 December 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
Application Deadline : Dec 8, 2016
Swisscontact BangladeshBusiness : Swisscontact is the business-oriented independent foundation for international development cooperation. Represented in 33 countries with over 1,100 employees, it promotes – since 1959 – economic, social and environmental development.