Southeast University; Assistant Library Officer
Assistant Library Officer
Job Description / Responsibility
- Manage circulation, reference and reader services.
- Manage reading rooms.
- Sorting, Shelving and shelf reading (if assigned).
- Data entry.
- Cataloguing & classification.
- Checking new books and preparing for processing.
- Preparation for CAS & SDI.
- Presentation for Library Induction session.
- Provide administrative support.
- Issuing Library membership cards.
- Issuing Library clearances.
- Duties in the SEU Library campuses.
- Duties in evening and weekend shifts.
- Duties assigned by Library In-Charge.
Master’s Degree with Honors in Information Science and Library Management
- Data entry experiences in Koha, DSpace and experience using MARC21 will be given preference.
- Candidates with 3rd Class/Division or CGPA below 2.75 in any public examination need not to apply.
- Computer literacy is essential.
- Only short listed candidates will be called for written test and interview.
- Experiences in academic environment, i.e. customer services, team work, collection maintenance, time management skills are desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both in English and Bangla.
Southeast University offers attractive compensation package including two festival bonus (each equivalent to basic salary), Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity, Leave encashment benefits etc. as per service rules.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
A detailed CV with a cover letter, attested copies of all certificates and mark sheets and two copies of recent color photographs should be sent to ‘The Registrar’ (House 64, Road 18, Block B, Banani, Dhaka-1213) Southeast University on or before 08 December 2016.
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline : Dec 8, 2016
Address : House No. 64, Road No. 18, Block – B, Banani, Dhaka – 1213
Web : www.seu.ac.bd
Business : Southeast University is one of the most rapidly growing private Universities in Bangladesh with more than 12,000 students. The University is committed to recruiting and retaining the most accomplished human talents.