Project Officer – SAWGP Project (Re-announcement)
- Directorate : Programme, Policy and Campaigns
- Priority : Land Rights
- Project Name : Enhancing Community Engagement in Trans-boundary water Governance (SAWGP) project
- Location of posting : Dhaka (extensive field visit in Patuakhali and Rajshahi)
- Types of contract : Contractual
- Duration : Up to September 30, 2017
- Job Summary:
- The purpose of this position is to achieve target of SAWGP project through facilitate towards water governance. Specific responsibilities are developing partner`s capacity on the field level survey/study, report preparation, policy advocacy and campaign. Supports to the team according to the program, policy and strategic direction. Also responsible for attaining the emerging and priority issues that required for the organization.
- Relationships: S/he will report to Manager – Land Rights of ActionAid Bangladesh.
Job Description / Responsibility
- Campaign and policy advocacy:
- Provide support to the team and grassroots organizations for advocacy initiatives on water governance.
- Maintain relation local, national and international level human rights defender for developing or collecting evidence/document, organizing event, media and CSO mobilization, etc.
- Maintain liaison with respective government officials, agencies and public representatives.
- Develop and collect evidence for influencing policy makers and other policy stake holders.
- Organize training, workshop seminar and multi-log at national and local level.
- Project Requirement:
- Prepare quarterly, issue based and project completion report according to the donor requirement.
- Provide support to team for achieving overall project objectives.
- Perform other issues required by the organization.
- Expected Deliverable:
- S/he has to maintain functional relationship with her/ his peers in the team.
- S/he must be able to make effective communications with other programme and operational teams and Partner NGOs.
- At least 2 year(s)
- In-depth knowledge on water and environmental policies/acts, water governance and human rights.
- At least two years experience on water governance, human rights, and ecological justice issues.
- Two years experience of advocacy & campaigning on the mentioned areas.
- Experience of preparing policy brief and programme reports.
- Required Educational:
- Report Writing Skills: Report writing skill in English and Bangla.
- Communication Skills: Computer literacy on MS office and database.
- Facilitation Skills: Presentation and facilitation with participatory approach.
- Coordination Skills: Maintain Communication and liaison with Policy stakeholders, CSOs and partners.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Only those who meet the above requirements are requested to apply following these instructions:
Last date of application is Saturday, December 03, 2016.
Please click here to submit your application.
ActionAid Bangladesh aims to attract and select a diverse workforce ensuring equal opportunity to everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, HIV status, class, ethnicity, disability, location and religion. Any personal persuasion/phone-call will result in disqualification of candidature.
ActionAid Bangladesh has a non-negotiable policy of ZERO TOLERANCE towards child abuse, exploitation and child labor and expects all employees to abide by the Child Protection Policy of ActionAid Bangladesh.
Application Deadline : Dec 3, 2016